Soft, shiny hair is what every girl dreams of and decides to go to a salon to get their hair done. We are sure you must have also thought of getting a keratin treatment done once in a lifetime, right?. What if we tell you that you can do keratin at home by yourself without investing too much money, cool right?.
What does doing keratin at home requires?
1. Rice (4-5 tablespoons)
2. Coconut milk (4-5 tablespoons)
3. Coconut oil (3-4 tablespoons)
4. Corn starch (2 tablespoons)
5. Water (2-3 cups)
How do these ingredients help?
1. Rice – Rice is the topmost and the most important ingredient of this hair mask. Rice contains amino acid, vitamin B, C, and E, which helps in hair growth and hair regeneration. Rice is very beneficial for your hair and mostly considered as one of the best ingredients for your hair related problems.
Also, check out best diy hair masks.
2. Coconut milk – It contains natural fatty acids that conditions your hair deeply. Also, coconut milk contains all the necessary ingredients that are required for hair growth and conditioning your hair.
3. Coconut oil – Many of you might already be using coconut oil and must be knowing how good it is for your hair. It gives your hair a soft and silky texture and a natural shine as well. The essential nutrients found in it helps your hair to grow faster, thicker, and stronger. It even nourishes your scalp.
4. Corn Starch – This is one of the best-known ingredients for straightening your hair. It makes your hair softer, smoother, stronger, and shinier. You can skip it if corn starch is not available with you.
How to prepare a hair mask to do keratin at home?
- Take rice in a container and add water to it.
- Boil the rice until all the water is absorbed by them.
- Now put the boiled rice in a grinder.
- Grind them properly until you get a thick paste.
- Now add coconut milk(you can use any other milk as well in case coconut milk is not available with you) and then coconut oil to it.
- Also, add corn starch to it and if you don’t have it you can skip this step.
- Now grind them again such that all the ingredients are mixed up properly.
- Now take out the paste in a bowl.
- If the paste is still thick add more milk to it to normalize its consistency so that it can be applied easily to your hair.
- Now your hair mask is ready so let’s just check out how to apply it.
How to apply the mask?
- Take the paste that you prepared.
- Pull back your hair to a bun.
- Now take a small portion of your hair and apply the paste properly to your hair.
- This process can be very messy so you need to be really very patient.
- After the paste has been applied to all of your hair, tie your hair and secure them with a hair cap.
- Leave it for 2-3 hours.
- Wash it off.
- You might need to wash your hair twice as the paste might not come out in one go.
- Repeat this once or twice a week.
You will possibly see the results after one use and we are sure you are gonna love this keratin at home thing.
Check out these awesome ways to do a keratin treatment at home as well.
Latest posts –
- 20 awesome and easy nail art designs worth melting for.
- Keratin at home(shocking results in 1 use only) – affordable and easy hair care.
- How to get rid of acne scars really fast – 7 easy home remedies to get rid of acne scars.
- Wardrobe essentials – 14 pairs of shoes every woman should own.
- Get naturally pink and softer lips with these easy steps.